pythonw.exe

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 11:52:05 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Nobody <nobody at nowhere.com> wrote:
> BTW, unless you're using Windows 95/98/ME, you don't have a
> "DOS Prompt". The command prompt in Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 isn't DOS.

I don't see this as any sloppier than referring to "opening a
<whatever> prompt" when you mean "opening up a windowed command
interpreter". The command interpreter in NT+ uses an interface that
derives from the original DOS command interpreter, and a lot of people
consider it to be as primitive (not realising that it has a lot of
features, eg tab completion, that are WAY better even than
command+doskey); it's a lot closer to Unix's bash than to MS-DOS's
command. (I do prefer bash, though.)

ChrisA