allow line break at operators

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 21:50:55 EDT 2011

On Aug 12, 7:39 pm, Seebs <usenet-nos... at seebs.net> wrote:

> Well, that's the thing.
>
> In a case like:
>
>         if foo:
>                 if bar:
>                         blah
>
> I notice that *NOTHING* lines up with "if bar:".  And that affects me
> about the way unmatched brackets do.

For me, i believe it was a grave mistake to allow "user defined
indention" within a python module. Not only that, but allowing
indentation to be inconsistent (within the same module) not only
worse, it's insane!

I could have "slightly" understood giving people a choice of how many
indents to use however i cannot fathom the idiocy of allowing
inconsistent indentation within the same module! Although GvR is no
doubt a brilliant mind he keeps making the same mistakes over and over
again in the name of muti-stylism. ¡Ay, caramba!

Not that i find it *impossible* to read inconsistent indentation mind
you, but that i find it blasphemous to the name of consistency.
Programming languages MUST be consistent. Python should allow one and
only one obvious way to indent a block; whether it be by a single tab
char or by four spaces i don't care! But for crikey's sake pick one of
them and stick with it!!!