allow line break at operators

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Aug 12 19:19:59 EDT 2011

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> > ask most writers or artists and they would say *of course*
> > whitespace matters.
>
> You can write Perl code in the shape of a camel. Can you do that in
> Python?

I'm glad to be using a language where that sort of hard to-read code is
not encouraged by the syntax.

Art is wonderful, if you don't want to communicate clearly. I'll thank
the people who write the programs in my life to save their artistic
expression for areas where clear communication is optional.

--
 \       “My business is to teach my aspirations to conform themselves |
  `\              to fact, not to try and make facts harmonise with my |