problem installing psyco on windows (Unable to find vcvarsall.bat)

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 00:03:28 EDT 2011

FWIW, a few months ago I was working on a database application on Windows,
and I benchmarked the psyco-enhanced version consistently running slower
than the non-psyco version.  The same code on Linux was faster with psyco
though.

If you need performance, and you aren't constrained by module availability,
you probably should use PyPy instead.