Wait for a keypress before continuing?

Gelonida N gelonida at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 03:41:05 EDT 2011

On 08/08/2011 04:44 AM, John Doe wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python pearwood.info> wrote:
>
>> Also, are you using an IDE? If so, it could very well be
>> interfering with the keyboard buffer
>
> I really don't know how to answer your question. I am using
> Windows XP SP3. Komodo Edit 6 for editing the *.py file. Dragon
> Naturally Speaking, Natlink, and Dragonfly might all be part of
> the process.
>
> Must be my system. I will post the solution if it comes up.

Main question is whether your script is exectued in a console window
(like cmd.exe) or from within a graphical library without console.

you yould try to start cmd.exe and call your python script directly from
there.

if this doesn't work, then try just a simple test script containing
nothing else than the code to wait for a keypress.

Simple test script (working fine for me)
import msvcrt
print "before"
msvcrt.getch()
print "after"