Early binding as an option

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 18:26:01 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Gelonida N <gelonida at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand: It might be interesting, that the early binding would
> just take place when python is invoked with -O

This could be an excellent safety catch, but on the other hand, it
might destroy all value of the feature - once again, it would be
optimizing in the sole case where the code is probably better
rewritten in C.

Or would this be a sort of "half-way house" - this is where we need
more performance, let's spend two minutes tweaking it in Python rather
than dropping to C - to get some of the performance gains?

ChrisA