Usage of PyDateTime_FromTimestamp

Andreas aww.dev at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:42:29 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm working on a c-extension of python and want to create an instance of
python datetime object with a unix timestamp in c.

On the documentation site ( http://docs.python.org/c-api/datetime.html )
I found the function PyDateTime_FromTimestamp() which returns a new
reference based on an input parameter.

The description is as follows: Create and return a new datetime.datetime
object given an argument tuple suitable for passing to
datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp().

I tried out to call the function with a PyFloat_Object but the function
always returns NULL (even if I simply put in 0).

Does somebody have an example how I have to call the function or can
give a hint what kind of parameter tuple is required to get it work?

Thanks!