Installing WebDAV server

Fokke Nauta fnautaNO at SPAMsolfon.nl
Tue Aug 30 16:00:48 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am completely new to Python, but I'm confronted with a problem I can't
solve.
This is my question:

I'm running a PC with XP Pro32, which acts as a file server/print server/FTP
server and web server. The web server is facilitated by the Aprelium Abyss
X2 server, and has Perl and PHP support on http and https. It all works
fine.
To do some research with some calender systems and to share the Outlook
calendar I need a WebDAV server. After googling I found the Python WebDAV
server.
I installed Python 3.2.1 and extracted the packages PyWebDAV and PyXML. Now
I have a working Python app and 2 directories called PyWebDAV-0.9.4.1 and
PyXML-0.8.4. In the PyWebDAV README it says:

Installation and setup of server can be as easy as follows:

$ easy_install PyWebDAV
$ davserver -D /tmp -n -J

But of course it doesn't work like that. When I start up Python GUI I see
the ">>>" prompt instead of the "$" prompt. But where do I place the two
directories? And there is no easy_install script in the PyXML-0.8.4
directory, only a setup.py and ez_setup.py script. I guess the latter is the
one to use. But how?

How do I proceed next?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.