Mastering Python... Best Resources?

Travis Parks jehugaleahsa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 08:33:29 EDT 2011

I know the Python syntax pretty well. I know a lot of the libraries
and tools. When I see professional Python programmer's code, I am
often blown away with the code. I realized that even though I know the
language, I know nothing about using it effectively.

I would like to start using Python more in my professional career.
Where can I find resources that will take my skills to the next level?
I would prefer to watch a streaming video series, if possible.

I've read quite a few books about Python. They cover a lot of topics,
but none of them covered common conventions or hacks. I mean, I got
good at C++ reading books by Scott Meyers, who concentrated on common
idioms, things to avoid, the proper way to do things, etc.

Right now, I am at that point where I know how to do write just about
anything in the language. However, I still have that hesitation I get
when I'm just not sure what's the right way.