String concatenation - which is the fastest way ?

przemolicc at poczta.fm przemolicc at poczta.fm
Wed Aug 10 07:17:54 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'd like to write a python (2.6/2.7) script which connects to database, fetches
hundreds of thousands of rows, concat them (basically: create XML)
and then put the result into another table. Do I have any choice
regarding string concatenation in Python from the performance point of view ?
Since the number of rows is big I'd like to use the fastest possible library
(if there is any choice). Can you recommend me something ?

Regards
Przemyslaw Bak (przemol)