Need help with Python to C code compiler

Vijay Anantha Murthy vijay.murthy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 01:37:13 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Is there any compiler which will help me convert my python code to proper C
code?
In my python code I am using the XML.dom.minidom module to parse an xml and
process the results obtained by ElementsByTagName.
I don't know of any such compiler which will help me convert this kind of
python code to C code.

My intention is to convert python code to a readable C code which can later
be compile to an .exe file.
Cython will not be of much use to me as it is in the end writing c
extensions which will later be used in python.
However, I wish to use this as a proper readable C code which can later be
shared with users - the c source code as well as the exe along with its
corresponding
.py file.

My main impediment here is writing out the C code manually myself, my C
skills are quite poor and it would require a huge effort to sharpening my
C skills before writing the code myself, I can not afford that luxury of
time.

I was surfing and came across shedskin, but that might not just support the
xml minidom module for my purposes.

Thanks,
Vijay