Network shares in Windows

Nanda, Ameet ameetn at qualcomm.com
Mon Aug 8 21:46:19 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I was trying to access a network shared folder on a windows network. I couldn' t find of a good documentation online to do that. Are there any recommendations on how to do it in windows. So if my folder is shared as \\ameetn\Dropbox<file:///\\ameetn\Dropbox> and when I am trying to open it up, it says I don't have privileges to open it every time I try doing that.

>>> open("\\\\ameetn\\Dropbox")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '\\\\ameetn\\Dropbox'

Al though I try this from the administrator cmd, I still get the same error. Can anyone please recommend me a good way to do this.

Thanks, Ameet