WxPython and TK

azrael jura.grozni at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 20:26:01 EDT 2011

Today I found a quote from Guido.

wxPython is the best and most mature cross-platform GUI toolkit, given a number of constraints. The only reason wxPython isn't the standard Python GUI toolkit is that Tkinter was there first.
-- Guido van Rossum

OK, now. Isn't it maybe time to throw out TK once and for all? Python is missing one of the most important aspects of todays IT industry. GUI development native library (I mean a serious one).

If I would have gotten a dollar for every time I talked to someone in a company about why they dont use python for their products and I was served the answer "Well it kind of sucks in GUI development", I would be a millionaire.