Table Driven GUI Definition?

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Fri Aug 5 13:53:19 EDT 2011

I have a task where I want to create pretty simple one page visual
interfaces (Graphical or Text, but it needs to run across Windows,
Cygwin, Linux,*BSD, OSX ...).  These interfaces are nothing more
than option checklists and text fields.  Conceptually something like:

                Please Select Your Installation Options:

           Windows Compatibility Services  _
           Linux Compatibility Services    _
           TRS-DOS Compatibility Services  _

           What Is Your email Address:     _______________________

What I'm looking for is a way to describe such forms in a text
file that can then be fed into a tool to generate the necessary
pyGUI, Tkinter, (or whatever) code.   The idea is that it should
be simple to generate a basic interface like this and have it
only record the user's input.  Thereafter, the python code
would act on the basis of those selection without any further
connection to the GUI.

An added bonus would be a similar kind of thing for generating
web interfaces to do this.  This might actually be a better model
because then I only have to worry about a single presentation
environment.

Ideas anyone?
Tim Daneliuk
tundra at tundraware.com