Development tools and practices for Pythonistas

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Apr 30 20:36:09 EDT 2011

Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> writes:

> No need to use VCS at the very beginning of a project. You can easily
> wait until you've written 10 or 20 lines of code :-)

+1 QOTW

> > Should I bother to try a VCS?
>
> Absolutely. Even if you don't need it for a small one-person project,
> it's a good habit to get into.

Yes. Learn to use each of the top-tier VCS options: Bazaar, Git,
Mercurial. Learn to use one of them well (my choice is Bazaar, as
explored elsewhere in this thread).

--
 \       “Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right |
  `\   there, in the room talking to you, which is why I don't like to |