Deditor

Kruptein darragh.ssa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:40:05 EDT 2011

On 30 apr, 10:30, jmfauth <wxjmfa... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 avr, 23:01, Kruptein <darragh.... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Sure, it is doable. I have done it (I only tweak the
> > > import in such a way, that it does not import modules
> > > not installed in my machine, like not importing paramiko).
>
> > > Your application is just a normal application which uses
> > > a Python environment, independently from the platform.
>
> > > wxPython does not play something special. Exemple, the
> > > wxPython demo can be installed in any dir, even on external
> > > drive.
>
> > > PS I have no special interest indeditor, except I like
> > > to see what is done with wxPython.
>
> > > jmf
>
> > The problem had to do with the configuration panel which displayed
> > wrong in windows but right in linux.  I fixed it and it should now
> > actually work on both :p
> > (and the paramiko import error was because I had forgooten to do a try/
> > except block somewhere in my plugin management..)
>
> > the windows source zip file is online,   Alec can make an installer if
> > he wants :)
>
> Quick tips, hints, "pedagogical" advices:
>
> - Distributing a zip or a tarball does not matter. By
> not distributing a deb and distributing the Py scripts,
> you just make your app available for everybody (eg.
> the wxPython demo)
> - The main problem in your app is not the os. wxPython
> runs quite smoothly on all platforms.
> - Critical: I can not enter text and the text is not
> displayed correctly in the editing part of your app.
> Once again, this is not an os issue. The
> wx.stc.StyledTextCtrl is not a simple widget to master.
> -http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users/topics
> - Best wishes for your project.
>
> jmf

Jmf,

thanks for the advice,  however I do want to know on which os you are
and which python version you use.
As I have never had any problems with not being able to enter text.

And about the os problem:
I always code on linux, my first version of this release worked
perfectly on linux, then I tried it on windows and I found out that
there was some bug that linux ignored but windows complained about
now it is fixed and is indeed cross-platform.

And I chat on #python and #wxpython almost every day/week so I do know
who to contact in case of problems ;)
and styledtextctrl is indeed a pain in the ass some times :p