Development tools and practices for Pythonistas

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Apr 29 19:17:53 EDT 2011

Hans Georg Schaathun <hg at schaathun.net> writes:

> Exactly, and with svn that can be a true nightmare when directories
> are involved.  The rumour is that git handles this much better.

Any of the top-tier distributed VCS (Bazaar, Git, Mercurial) handle
branching and merging very well. They have to, because branching and
merging is much more frequent and casual in a distributed VCS.

A lone developer using such a VCS reaps the benefits of this by getting
good merging support.

--
 \       “If consumers even know there's a DRM, what it is, and how it |
  `\     works, we've already failed.” —Peter Lee, Disney corporation, |