[OT] From svn to something else?

Hans Georg Schaathun hg at schaathun.net
Fri Apr 29 13:01:57 EDT 2011

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 06:50:52 -0500, Tim Chase
  <python.list at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
:  I'd say that one of the things SVN has going for it is that it's
:  the lingua-franca of VCSes, so just about everything (especially
:  the 3 big names mentioned in this thread: hg, bzr, git) can talk
:  to svn pretty uneventfully.  As a matter of fact, last I checked,
:  Django is hosted in SVN, but most of the developers use DVCS
:  tools to check in/out from the main repository to their own local
:  hg/bzr/git repos, do their work locally (with the option to work
:  offline, branch/merge easily, etc), and then push changesets back
:  up when they have a patch they're happy with.

I am not sure I get the implications right.  Are you suggesting that
I could keep my svn server, switch to a DVCS client, and reap the
benefits?

--
:-- Hans Georg