IDLE lost from Windows menu !

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 17:17:18 EDT 2011

On 2011.04.28 02:11 PM, Uncle Ben wrote:
> It was suggested to me privately that I search for
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell,
> right_click on "shell",
> create a new key called "EDIT with IDLE"
> and another called "command python.exe %1"
The key you're looking for is HKCR\Python.File\shell. Add a subkey
called Edit with IDLE. Create a subkey in there called command. Inside
HKCR\Python.File\shell\Edit with IDLE\command, modify the default value
to "C:\Python32\pythonw.exe" "C:\Python32\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw" -e "%1"
(changing the paths if necessary). Do the same with
HKCR\Python.NoConFile\shell to get the command for .pyw files.