Access violation reading 0x00000010

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Apr 28 04:50:59 EDT 2011

En Thu, 28 Apr 2011 03:35:48 -0300, yuan zheng <tsinghuayuan86 at gmail.com>
escribió:

> Sorry , the path is just an example.
>
> This is not the question I think. Because there is lots of api
> in libcommon-0.dll, and there is no fault when invoking other
> api, such as libcommon.SIM_start().. It's just fault when invoking
> this api -> SIM_init(). So I wanna which situation would lead to this
> error:
> WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000010
>
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM, yuan zheng <tsinghuayuan86 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > libcommon = CDLL("c:\libcommon-0.dll", RTLD_GLOBAL)
>> >
>> > libcommon.SIM_init()     -> This is the invoking.

It's hard to guess, but if you get an access violation just from those two
lines of code, I'd say the problem is inside SIM_init() itself.

It may be attempting to dereference a NULL pointer: accessing a field
inside a struct, or calling a virtual function from a NULL object...

Also, make sure CDLL is the right choice; it implies a prototype like this:

int cdecl SIM_INIT(void);

--
Gabriel Genellina