recommended Emacs mode (was Re: Development tools and practices for Pythonistas)

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Wed Apr 27 02:39:53 EDT 2011

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 07:39:41 -0700 (PDT)
snorble <snorble at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a Pythonista, but I aspire to be.
>
> My current tools:
>
> Python, gvim, OS file system

I'm also starting with Python after abandoning idea to use D for our
desktop GUI application.

We plan to use Python + Qt along with Cython extensions and wrapping
external C library.

I'm interested which Python mode can you recommend for Emacs:

a) python.el

b) python-mode.el or

c) 'new' python.el (https://github.com/fgallina/python.el)

considering our needs above and desire to use IPython running
Emacs-23.2 on FreeBSD?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)