Cannot get past this string related issue

Thomas Rachel nutznetz-0c1b6768-bfa9-48d5-a470-7603bd3aa915 at spamschutz.glglgl.de
Tue Apr 26 10:39:10 EDT 2011

Am 26.04.2011 15:48, schrieb Oltmans:

> Following doesn't work
>

> config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
> config.read('configs.txt')
> server_info = config.get("DB_INFO","server")
> db = config.get("DB_INFO","database")
> username = config.get("DB_INFO","user")
> pwd = config.get("DB_INFO","password")
> print server_info,db,username,pwd
> conn =
> _mssql.connect(server=server_info,database=db,user=username,password=pwd)
>
> but following does work
>
> conn =
> _mssql.connect(server='server',database='database',user='user',password='password')

Ok, if you are this far: what prevents you from trying

print server_info, db, username, pwd

and being aware that IF there are " around, they are not part of the
string representation, but they are really there.

> Config file looks like following
>
> [DB_INFO]
> server = "server"
> database = "database"
> user = "user"
> password = "password"

I think if you will have seen the output above, you will probably see
what is wrong here: too many "s. :-)

HTH & HAND!

Thomas