Teaching Python

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Fri Apr 22 01:49:31 EDT 2011

MRAB wrote:

> A computer hacker doesn't write the requirements of the software or
> draw Jackson Structured Programming diagrams, etc, but just thinks
> about what's needed and starts writing the code.

Very close...

... hackers don't necessarily care what something was designed to do,
only what can be done with it...

... hackers love to push the envelope, playfully explore the full range
of possibilities, and especially they delight to think outside the box
(outside the frameworks of conformity and mediocrity)...

... hackers are philosophers and poets, and often musicians. Hackers
write code because its beautiful, not because they're paid for it...
hackers are can-do people who don't give a flying rip when they're told
they can't !      ...  yeah, watch me.  :)

kind regards,
m harris