who moved reload?

mark harrismh777 at charter.net
Wed Apr 20 16:09:45 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 12:41 -0400, Calvin Spealman wrote:
> I have a great solution : stop using reload. It often dangerous and
> more often silly.

Yeah, I'm there. Some of this is just learning a new way of thinking
about the language. I can see that not using reload at all makes more
sense (Run --> Run Module) from the editor window which does what I want
with a mouse click... so I'm done with reload...

In the past I didn't use IDLE... just vi, reload(yadda yadda) in the
terminal, repeat till bored. There were some inconsistencies with
from yadda yadda import *...  and it seems that reload was deliberately
hidden in imp to solve some of that problem. And we can still use
imp.reload() to reload the module without stopping the interpreter, so
all is good.

Thanks.

--
Kind regards,