List comprehension vs filter()

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 07:25:22 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> There's your problem. IDEs often play silly buggers with the environment
> in order to be "clever". You've probably found a bug in whatever IDE
> you're using.
>
> And this is why I won't touch the buggers with a 30 ft pole, at least not
> for anything serious.

Not an IDE, but it's running in an embedded interpreter. Which is why
I looked there for issues, but I can't find any. (Checking sys.version
and friends shows that it's the same version of Python either way.) I
described the embed environment above, in the hopes that someone would
spot an "obvious error", and if your instant suspicion is an IDE, then
that's probably it.

Chris Angelico