Can you advice a Python library to query a lan subnet with SNMP and collect MAC addresses of nodes?

Aldo Ceccarelli ceccarelli.aldo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:23:05 EDT 2011

On Apr 15, 11:00 am, Aldo Ceccarelli <ceccarelli.a... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello All,
> in my specific problem I will be happy of a response where possible
> to:
>
> 1. distinguish different operating systems of answering nodes
> 2. collect responses of Wyse thin-clients with "Thin OS" to get node
> name and MAC address in particular
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for any sharing / forward to documentation,
> products in the area.
>
> KR Aldo

Hello and thank you All!
I've solved my problem as follows:
1. installed nmap
2. wrote a python script calling nmap nmap -sP via os.system and
redirecting output to a file
3. read results file and made a further processing to get exact
filtered records with MAC addresses I needed

Kindest regards Aldo