Python IDE/text-editor

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:40:09 EDT 2011

Geany I've tried in the past, it's really buggy on my home computer
and at Uni... however from my phone it works wonderfully! (Use it for
C++ projects on Rhobuntu)

Eric 4 was suggested to me on the #python channel on Freenode...
however I've never been able to get it compiled/working. Too many
dependencies I'm guessing...

PTK looks great, and does everything I want (from screenshots).
Unfortunately, it doesn't run on my system; Win7 x64, Python 2.7.1
x64, WxPython 2.8 x64. Install ran as admin.

Emacs and vim still seem like good alternatives, when I get the time.
However, currently have 3 assignments to start and finish so would
like a simple Notepad2 with python interpreter attached (and keyboard
shortcut to run script) type program.

Please continue recommending

Thanks,

Alec Taylor