PYTHONPATH

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Apr 17 04:43:41 EDT 2011

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 01:14:54 -0500, harrismh777 wrote:

> Its just technically difficult to
> setup easily configured concurrent environments on the Windows platform,
> primarily due to the way the platform was designed--- closed and
> proprietary--- with little to no community input.

I believe that is incorrect. In my opinion, a better explanation for the
difficulty faced by Windows users is that this is a side-effect of
Windows starting life as a single-user operating system. Various
proprietary Unixes -- and all Unixes started off life as closed and
proprietary -- and other proprietary but multi-user OSes, such as VMS,
are more easily configured.

--
Steven