Python IDE/text-editor

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sat Apr 16 18:14:51 EDT 2011

candide <candide at free.invalid> writes:

> Le 16/04/2011 15:50, Adam Tauno Williams a écrit :
>
>> gedit provides a Python interpreter/console 'embedded' in the GUI
>> (provided the plugin is enabled).
>>

> I agree, cf. this screenshot  :
>
> http://i52.tinypic.com/snj7a0.jpg

The name "Terminal" suggests something different, and that can be
achieved in Emacs as well. Just split a window vertical & horizontal,
enable tabbar-mode[1], and open a shell in the bottom one, overview of the
buffers to the left, and your hello_world.py to the top right.

[1] which is part of the Emacs version I am using, I just learned.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog: http://johnbokma.com/    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/j.j.j.bokma
    Freelance Perl & Python Development: http://castleamber.com/