Python IDE/text-editor

CM cmpython at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 02:31:20 EDT 2011

On Apr 16, 1:43 am, Alec Taylor <alec.tayl... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, but non of the IDEs so far suggested have an embedded python
> interpreter AND tabs... a few of the editors (such as Editra) have
> really nice interfaces, however are missing the embedded
> interpreter... emacs having the opposite problem, missing tabs (also,
> selecting text with my mouse is something I do often).

Boa Constructor has syntax-highlighting, code-completion, tabs, line
numbers, and an embedded interpreter.  It also does a lot of other
IDEish stuff and it's a GUI builder, too. I've never tried to run it
from a USB, though, and the interpreter (the "shell") is in a separate
tab, not on the bottom as you've drawn it.

You might want to just look at this page for other ideas:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments