about soaplib demo's time latency

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:01:53 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Stephen.Wu <54wutong at gmail.com> wrote:
> It works. Seems the DNS server will exchange localhost and 127.0.0.1,
> taking nearly 15 seconds. Anyway, I got to know the exactly reason let
> the initialized procedures down, which is the most important thing.

Generally BIND, on install, is configured to be authoritative for the
.localhost domain (little-known trivia fact: localhost isn't a machine
name, it's a top-level domain - on par with .com or .uk), which should
mean you get fast responses. May want to check your DNS server's
config. I don't know if other DNS software comes nicely preconfigured
like that, but it should, since nobody ever assigns localhost to be
anything else (imagine the confusion THAT would cause - even if you
set it to something relatively innocuous like 127.0.0.2).

Chris Angelico