Egos, heartlessness, and limitations

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 04:36:09 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Ryan Kelly <ryan at rfk.id.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 11:46 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> Wait... so where do the Python experts hang out?
>
> Don't panic, there are plenty of experts here :-)
>
> It's an oft-cited troll complaint that many python big-wigs (Guido,
> Raymond H, et al) don't subscribe to python-list.

Apart from Guido, I wouldn't even recognize their names. (I have no
idea who Raymond H is or what his position in the community is.) Does
this make me a bad Python programmer? I don't think so; just makes me
not a major member of the community. (Apologies to Raymond, I don't
mean to slight your contributions; but I would respect you on the
basis of your posts on this list, regardless of your Subversion
contribs.)

> It's also an oft-cited troll conspiracy that Guido hangs out on
> python-list and posts under various pseudonyms.  I think it would be
> kinda fun if he did...

What if he's rantingrick? He would SO be laughing right now....

Chris Angelico