[OT] Free software versus software idea patents

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Thu Apr 14 03:22:17 EDT 2011

geremy condra wrote:
> Having said that, I have a greater respect for mathematics than I do
> for my own economic views, and I don't like seeing it become a
> political football. If you can prove something,*prove it*. If you
> cannot- no matter how close you might feel you are- don't claim that
> math says you're right.

     Fair enough.

     http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20091111151305785

     With your background, you will have no problem with this text...
although, and I do apologize, it is a long text... scroll down and begin
reading at the heading:

     An Explanation of Computation Theory for Lawyers

     By PolR

     The write-up is excellent, written as well or better than I could
write it myself, and is very clear and concise... yes, even a lawyer can
understand it.

Kind regards,

m harris