Egos, heartlessness, and limitations

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Apr 14 01:38:05 EDT 2011

On 4/13/2011 11:12 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Personally, I'm glad that most of Python Dev don't hang around here. We
> are far better off if Python Dev, you know, actually Devs Python, rather
> than answering (mostly) easy questions and getting stuck in tar-pits.

Since 3.2 was released 45 days ago, the active devs have been busy.
Misc/News in the repository has about about 170 entries for 3.3. At
least 80% of the changes were also made to 3.1 and 3.2, and most of
those to 2.7 also. There were perhaps another 10 just for 2.7. So there
are about 180 unique changes for an average of 4 per day. I suspect the
average time for each is at least an hour.

When I get up to speed with hg and start contributing again, I will
spend less time here.

--
Terry Jan Reedy