Egos, heartlessness, and limitations

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Apr 13 23:12:16 EDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:03:15 +1000, Ryan Kelly wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 11:46 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Ryan Kelly <ryan at rfk.id.au> wrote:
>> > I weep that your delightful rhetoric is limited to this neglected
>> > forum, where the guardians of python core deign not to tread, and
>> > hence denied its rightful place exalted among python's canonical
>> > lore.
>>
>> Wait... so where do the Python experts hang out?
>
> Don't panic, there are plenty of experts here :-)
>
> It's an oft-cited troll complaint that many python big-wigs (Guido,
> Raymond H, et al) don't subscribe to python-list.

Raymond Hettinger frequently posts here, both with interesting code
snippets and recipes, and to answer questions. Particularly if they
relate to itertools or other code he has contributed. Also Mark Dickson,
and probably a few others.

Personally, I'm glad that most of Python Dev don't hang around here. We
are far better off if Python Dev, you know, actually Devs Python, rather
than answering (mostly) easy questions and getting stuck in tar-pits.

--
Steven