Literate Programming

Tim Arnold tim.arnold at sas.com
Fri Apr 8 12:58:34 EDT 2011

"Hans Georg Schaathun" <hg at schaathun.net> wrote in message
news:r7b178-602.ln1 at svn.schaathun.net...
> Has anyone found a good system for literate programming in python?
>
> I have been trying to use pylit/sphinx/pdflatex to generate
> technical documentation.  The application is scientific/numerical
> programming, so discussing maths in maths syntax in between
> python syntax is important.

<snip>

Hi Hans,
If you already know LaTeX, you might experiment with the *.dtx docstrip
capability.
It has some pain points if you're developing from scratch, but I use it once
I've got a system in reasonable shape. You have full control over the
display and you can make the code files go anywhere you like when you run
pdflatex on your file.
--Tim Arnold