Spam on the mailing list

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Apr 7 16:23:44 EDT 2011

On 2011-04-07, Nobody <nobody at nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 01:03:31 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> I don't know whether it's ironic or in some way Pythonesque, but this
>> is the only mailing list that I've seen significant amounts of spam
>> on...
>
> Bear in mind that the mailing list has a bidirectional gateway to the
> comp.lang.python newsgroup.

Where google groups is a perennial source of garbage.

Personally, I see almost zero spam in "this group" (reading it in
comp.lang.python). That's attributable in part to my News provider
filtering out stuff and in part to my .score file entry that
automatically discards anything posted via groups.google.com.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Do you have exactly
                                  at               what I want in a plaid