Python benefits over Cobra

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:06:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> Mono is free, open source software that is compatible with .NET and is
> available on Linux, Mac OS, Solaris, Unix and even that little-known
> operating system "Windows". *wink*

Ah! My apologies, I stand corrected. Not being familiar with it (and
not really being able to google it - there's no guarantee it's the
first hit), I assumed that the dependency was ".NET *and* Mono",
meaning that the program needs .NET regardless.

That reduces the risks considerably, although I'd still rather stick
with Python itself.

Chris Angelico