About threads in python

dutche dutche at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:19:24 EDT 2011

Hi folks, how are ya?

Here's the thing...I had to make a program with threads and after
finished, I found some posts and articles in Google about Python and
threads, raising the question about if it really implements thread
programming or not, because of GIL and the way Python needs to lock
some objects.

I have now in my program something about 8 threads and each of them
runs different code based on some directives, these codes relies
sometimes in C api, using classes like zipfile and tarfile, and others
relies only in python code.

My question is about the efficiency of threads in python, does anybody
has something to share?

Thanks in advance

Eduardo