[OSX] side by side python

Fabio oakwood at email.it
Thu Apr 14 16:42:53 EDT 2011

In article
<0d6d1306-6395-4c29-a3c1-b2748bda400f at i39g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
 Robert <sigzero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I install Python 2.7 and 3.2 (from python.org) side by side on OSX
> without them stepping all over each other?

I have troubles with textwrangler, and I have the feeling it is related
to the fact that I have two different versions of Python installed.
I am on MacOSX 10.6.7.
I have the "built-in" Python2.5 which comes installed by "mother Apple".
Then I installed Python2.6, and left 2.5 untouched (I was suggested to
leave it on the system, since "something might need it").

I ran the "Update Shell Profile.command", and now if I launch "python"
in the terminal it happily launches the 2.6 version.
Then I installed some libraries (scipy and matplotlib).
They work, and everything is fine.

Then, I started to use TexWrangler, and I wanted to use the "shebang"
menu, and "run" command.
I have the "#! first line" pointing to the 2.6 version.
It works fine, as long as I don't import the libraries, in which case it
casts an error saying:
import scipy as sp
ImportError: No module named scipy

which makes me think that for some reason it points to the old 2.5
version. But I might be wrong and the problem is another...

Any clue?

Thanks

Fabio