looking for libpython31.a 64bit (missing from python-3.1.3.amd64.msi)

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:17:58 EDT 2011

Well, as the subject says,  I am looking to find libpython31.a
[win64bit version] for use in a linux to windows 64bit cross compiler
[x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc],  but seems to be missing.

so far,  tried installing it on a real 64bit windows system,
cabextract, as well as msiexec /a python-3.1.3.amd64.msi /qb
TARGETDIR=out.  Either case, libs/libpython31.a is not there.

as a last resort, tried cross compiling it with my tools, but a few
google searches tell me that way will lead to headaches, and currently
not supported out of the box.

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------