python on iPad (PyPad)

Jon Dowdall jon_dot_dowdall_at at _gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 01:13:14 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Sorry for the blatant advertising but hope some of you may be interested
to know that I've created an iPad application containing the python
interpreter and a simple execution environment. It's available in iTunes
at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pypad/id428928902?mt=8#

I wanted to have python available 'on the go' without carrying a laptop.
The current implementation is based on my need to test simple python
functions in an isolated environment. I hope to add more iOS specific
capabilities if there is enough interest.

Enjoy...

Jon Dowdall