running Python2 Python3 parallel concurrent

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Mon Apr 4 16:17:50 EDT 2011

John Roth wrote:
> You might want to look at PEP 394, which is tentatively scheduled for
> Python 3.3 and the next maintenance release of 2.7. As far as I can
> tell, this pretty much solves the problem for Unixoid and MacOS
> systems.

Thanks John.  I finally read PEP 394 and 397. Yes, these handle the
problem on the execute end. The solution to the problem on the
application development end (my stuff, see previous) is concerning the
requirement to be able to build apps for both versions in parallel---
from the development end.
Ultimately, it would be nice to have support in IDLE for multiple
versions from under the umbrella of one IDE. I have decided that rather
than try to port 32 -> 2.7  ( or 27. -> 3.2 ) that I will be developing
for both (in parallel) concurrently. When I am done with the app two
versions will be able, one sh-banged for 2.7 and the other sh-banged for
3.2/
At the moment I am using two instances of IDLE running in parallel, one
using 2.7.1 and the other using 3.2 /    I would like to see them
combined under one IDE with configuration options for multiple version
environments (perhaps in addition to 2.7 , 3.2).
So, I'm playing a bit with IDLE to see what I can come up with. I don't
know if anyone wants to see a PEP on that or not.
And, while I'm at it, I think I'll look into a way to provide a clear
screen option for the IDLE interactive window...   :)

kind regards,
m harris