Python Macros's Not the Power in OOo they should be ?

Wed Sep 22 23:45:19 EDT 2010

In message
<4d76a2ad-bf85-472e-8c63-ef16f320a411 at t11g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>, flebber
wrote:

> Has anyone had much success with python macro's. Or developing powerful
> macro's in an language?

I did an application for my own use recently, involving automatically
generating invoices in editable OOWriter format from my billing database. I
gave up on all the PyUNO stuff, and used ODFPY instead—so much easier to
generate ODF directly, without having to go through OpenOffice code.

And OpenOffice has been able to open the results for final tweaking just
fine.