Down with tinyurl! (was Re: importing excel data into a pythonmatrix?)

Steven D'Aprano steve-REMOVE-THIS at cybersource.com.au
Wed Sep 22 19:12:39 EDT 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 00:51:20 -0700, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2010 05:01:45 GMT, Steven D'Aprano
> <steve-REMOVE-THIS at cybersource.com.au> declaimed the following in
> gmane.comp.python.general:
>

>> Hey, that would be an *awesome* google bombing project... to get lmgtfy
>> to come up as the first link for "self-righteous dicks". 4chan, where
>> are you when we need you???
>>
> 	I think the news reports are that they are wasting time on a DDoS
> attack on the RIAA...

Heh, it's not a waste of time if you're enjoying yourself :)

> 	While I don't agree with the RIAA's methods, I also think a DDoS
> is definitely NOT an action to endear one to that one's views...

"The customer is always right, unless they're unhappy with us."

You know, I'd give my right arm -- well, perhaps somebody else's right
arm -- for the opportunity to some day to be interviewing an ex-RIAA
executive, just so I can say:

"I see from your CV that you took millions of customers and made them so
mad at you that not only did they break the law to give you the finger,
but they promised to never, ever pay a cent for your products again. So
tell me, how did that business strategy work out for you?"

--
Steven