Down with tinyurl!

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Mon Sep 20 21:12:01 EDT 2010

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:25:09 +0000, Tim Harig wrote:
>
>>> And as a datapoint on the topic of archiving, I search usenet archives
>>> regularly when faced with a problem.
>>
>> Usernet users also have the right to use the X-No-Archive header field.
>
> They do? Is that right enshrined by law somewhere? Can I go to jail for
> human rights abuses if I archive X-No-Archive posts?

I think they do have the right to use it as you have the right to ignore
it ;-)

I never saw the point of the whole X-No-Archive: Yes thing. What happens
if I quote such a message? It's archived, right?

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog: http://johnbokma.com/    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/j.j.j.bokma
    Freelance Perl & Python Development: http://castleamber.com/