Too much code - slicing

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:22:47 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Antoon Pardon <
Antoon.Pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> wrote:

> Not necessarily. Some of us have the impression that Guido deliberatly
> chose an ugly format for the ternary operator. Guido has alwasys been
> against a ternary operator but the requests kept coming. So eventually
> he introduced one. But the impression is that he chose an ugly format
> in the hope of discouraging people to use it.

If that was indeed the intention, then it worked, at least in my case.

Hmm, perhaps we should also add goto to the language, but we'll call it
something cumbersome like "slitherto" and give it the side effect of
reformatting the hard drive.

Cheers,
Ian