Down with tinyurl! (was Re: importing excel data into a python matrix?)

Xavier Ho contact at xavierho.com
Sun Sep 19 18:05:07 EDT 2010

On 20 September 2010 07:59, Ken Watford
<kwatford+python at gmail.com<kwatford%2Bpython at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Not that I disagree with you, but you might find this helpful:
> http://tinyurl.com/preview.php
> --

I don't think the OP wants a preview feature. The fact that you still have
to go through tinyurl (which by the way, the short link itself in the email
has no information on where it is whatsoever), and it makes searching
through the archives difficult, too.

We don't have a 140 character limit like Twitter. There's no reason we can't
post the full link for reference purposes.

Cheers,
Xav