WMI in Python

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 03:39:41 EDT 2010

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> Why not just call Scriptomatic directly from within the Python script, then?

Because Scriptomatic _generates scripts to access WMI_, that's what it
_does_. Are you _seriously_ advocating writing Python code to fire up
a Windows application, programmatically manipulating a GUI to generate
more Python code for your original script to import or exec?

For your question to make any real sense, you'd want to ask "Why not
access WMI directly...", which you might notice was the first
recommendation I made.

> Machine-generated code has no place in a source file to be maintained by a
> human.

As you've made your disdain for Windows _perfectly_ clear through your
incessant sniping on this list, I think I'm pretty safe in saying you
have no idea of the quality of Scriptomatic's output. I don't
understand what possibly makes you believe you're qualified to make
such a statement.