How Python works: What do you know about support for negative indices?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Sep 11 20:57:36 EDT 2010

Neil Hodgson <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> There appear to be deliberate wraps at sentence end or automatic wraps
> to fit <80 columns.

The automatic wraps in the code presented in the message are wrong. The
automatic wraps in the bullet point list are, if not wrong, at least
presumably unintended.

I hope that clears up what I meant in this case. The effort devoted to
explaining this issue far outweighs the burden it caused initially. I'll
try to be more explicit when presenting it in future, to forestall this.

--
 \         “Of all classes the rich are the most noticed and the least |
  `\      studied.” —John Kenneth Galbraith, _The Age of Uncertainty_, |